CMH Software is dedicated to improving the performance of the Constructor and providing users with the best experience in viewing, editing, creating, testing and teaching electrical ladder diagrams. This page lists recent updates and issue fixes to our software. We also recommend you sign up for our newsletter to stay current with what is going on at CMH Software and take advantage of our periodic promotions.
Version 13.4.0 - Maintenance Release - 2/14/17
New Features in Constructor 13.4.0
- Pasting is now supported between multiple running Constructors - Customer Request
Issues Addressed in Constructor 13.4.0
- Modified the way the program and files are installed. Now uses a manifest system.
- Fixed a glitch that prompted you the file had been changed when it had not.
- Fixed a visual glitch.
Version 13.3.0 - Internal Testing Only
Version 13.2.0 - Maintenance Release - 9/8/16
New Features in Constructor 13.2.0
- Added the option to turn the active mouse cursor feature on or off - Customer Request
Issues Addressed in Constructor 13.2.0
- Fixed a bug assigning contacts to a the recycle coil.
- Fixed a visual glitch with the time delay boxes and counter value boxes. The values were sometimes clipped.
- Fixed a grid spacing bug that caused the spacing to be messed up.
Version 13.1.0 - Maintenance Release
New Features in Constructor 13.1.0
- Symbol ID boxes are now automatically sized according to your selected ID box font size. - Customer Request
- Added a pop open/close button for the right screen. Saves space and time. You'll like it.
- Added various mouse cursors to show what you can do at that location on the screen.
Issues Addressed in Constructor 13.1.0
- Fixed a bug with generating wire numbers.
- Fixed various visual bugs in the program.
- Fixed a bug loading some older version 10 ladder diagrams.
- Fixed a bug in the insert/delete rung and column feature.
- Fixed some issues when using a larger (125% or 150%) Windows system font setting.
- Replaced the symbol grid reference box show/hide icon on the toolbar. - Customer request
Version 13.0.0 - Retail Release
New Features in Constructor 13.0.0
- New Look and Feel
- Printing at up to 300%
- Thicker Wire/Line Option for Printing
- New Zoom Features
- Library Search Enhanced
- Simulation Scripting (Run your diagram hands free) with Record
- New Polyline and Chord drawing objects in the Symbol Editor
- New Screen Synchronizing Feature for Navigation
Issues Addressed in Constructor 13.0.0
- Improved Multiple Monitor Support
- Multiple Bugs Fixed
Version 12.0.2 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 12.0.2
- Corrected a compatibility issue with the Wincaps III software from Denso Robotics.
Version 12.0.0 - Retail Release
New Features in Constructor 12.0.0
- PDF Export feature
- PCF Export feature (Works with our Free Viewer)
- SPDT Center Off contact class
- SPDT Center Off switch class
- DPDT Center Off switch class
- Additional requested IEC symbols added to Library
- All drawing objects stay visible during simulation now
Issues Addressed in Constructor 12.0.0
- Improved MP Configuration Window
- Improved MRU's
- Fixed Up/Down Counter reset
Version 11.0.3 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 11.0.3
- Corrected a problem when using the new four wire power point set
Version 11.0.2 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 11.0.2
- Corrected a problem when trying to change the wire colors on a transformer.
Version 11.0.1 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 11.0.1
- Corrected the problem where the new ID Text Boxes #3 & #4, the upper two boxes of a horizontal symbol cell, would not delete the text in the box when the box was cleared.
Version 11.0.0 - Retail Release
New Features in Constructor 11.0.0
- New Symbol Library search features
- New Three Phase Four Wire power point set
- New Circuit Protection Fuse class
- New Circuit Protection Circuit Breaker class
- New Meter class
- New 4-Wire Recycle (dry contact) relay class
- New 3-Wire Standard relay class
Issues Addressed in Constructor 11.0.0
- Added two additional ID Boxes for each symbol (A Total of Four Now)
Version 10.4.3 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.4.3
- Fixed an problem with copy and paste. An error was generated when an MCS was copied and then pasted into the diagram.
Version 10.4.2 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.4.2
- Fixed a problem with the legend bitmap pictures.
- Fixed a problem with the Font checks at the start up of the program.
- Fixed a problem with the Export form generating a “Invalid Property" error when exporting a diagram that is using a legend that uses a font that doesn’t exist on the users system.
- Fixed a problem where an error occurred when loading/changing a picture in a legend and the users OS is set to hide extensions of known file types.
Version 10.4.1 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.4.1
- Fixed a problem when deleting any text from a Terminal ID box.
Version 10.4.0 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.4.0
- Fixed problem when loading a diagram that uses a font that doesn't exist on the users computer.
- Fixed a problem with some printers causing an error when loading the diagram print preview.
- Changed the program to display drawing object text boxes during simulation mode
Version 10.3.0 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.3.0
- Fixed problem with ActionLinks where the symbol’s position in the actionlink was not updated when a symbol was moved.
- Fixed the problem with printing Landscaped style Wire Labels documents.
- Fixed the problem where a document’s FILE /EXIT would show a printer dialog instead of exiting the program.
Version 10.2.0 - Maintenance Release
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.2.0
- Added a new Text Layout type that gives more text area to the horizontal cells
- Added a Text Layout combo box on the main screen and in the project wizard that allows a selection between normal and maximized text area.
- Fixed a font issue with the wire label form, where an error was generated saying that the font size was too big for the selected label even when it wasn't.
- Removed the wire label message that would say that the sample text was too large for the selected label.
Version 10.0.0 - Retail Release
New Features in Constructor 10.0.0
- New menu system
- New Project Wizard features
- New Active Help system
- New grid spacing controls
- New wire number generator
- New wire colors (symbol lines)
- New workbook feature add documents and pictures to your project
Issues Addressed in Constructor 10.0.0
- Moved simulation log to the second window